Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend!

Well everyone I am back from the big ATL! It was soooo much fun!
Stacie met me at Nina's house around 7:30 p.m. on Friday night. It was so awesome to see her! Nina very graciously offered to keep all the kids & so we were able to go to La Parilla - a mexican restaurant for dinner. It was the LOUDEST restaurant either of us had every walked into. The atmosphere was more than festive - it was like mucho festive :) Live Mariachi band wandered around & played, seriously. The food was good, the company was sensational. It was so neat & odd at the same time to just be the two of us again heading to dinner, talking, laughing, as comfortable as if time had never passed. That to me was astounding & beautiful. We discussed everything from family to friends to home to drinks to whatever! It was great. I miss her so much, now that we have this "1/2" way point to converge at we will for sure be seeing each other again.


When we had gotten to the house, the kids had just come from their final swim meet, so they were loaded down with swim trophies! They all swim so well! I am proud of how strong they are becoming.













Saturday the kids were up pretty early I heard them moving all around the house, when I wandered upstairs to the girls room I found 6 adorable & rambunctious kids along with my sister & Stacie. They appeared to really be enjoying themselves. Nina had to head out to a class on her new career, so Stace & I took the kids to the pool for a few hours. It was slightly difficult though - there was only one family in the pool: US. So we really spent the time entertaining the kids. I was very grateful to our previous evening out & being able to just talk & visit. The pool was playtime so that is what we did. :) The lifeguard was so funny. Everytime that Gracie moved along the edge and we were in the water or even at the ready to grab her quick, he would stand up carefully watching. He was a young guy, I was glad to see that he takes his position seriously. I mean there was only the two of us & six kids in a big pool. After that we headed back to the house for a quick lunch & showers before Stacie headed to Alabama. The kids had gotten along so well. Anna Claire is a treasure - she says the most adorable things! Gracie is into everything! So funny to watch Anna Claire get excited when Gracie does something. Oh & Nina has the open banister style stairs - lets just say for a small child who loves to get into harmless mischief these stairs were quite the entertainment.







Saturday night brought on the birthday festivities. Me & the kids made a triple chocolate cake with 7 minute white frosting & coconut. We even cracked open a coconut shaved it & toasted the shavings. Yep - we wanted to make the birthday a really special occasion. Christian & Jessica had gone to the grocery store with me & chosen two balloons, some party hats, noisemakers, & some sparkler candles. Yes the kind that you are never sure if they can be blown out or have to have water poured on them!? lol. It was a blast. Keith made some amazing steaks & Nina fried up some onion rings! YUMMY!
Then it was gift time - the kids made some beautiful cards - Anna & Christian wrote Nina songs & the kids & Keith gave Nina watches: 2 watches (one everyday & one fashion) I hear that she is a bit rough on watches so they figured she needed two to swap in and out as it would suit whichever occasion. Mom & Dad gave her a monogrammed cutting board & I gave her "Fool's Gold" on DVD. It was a good night. We then shipped the kids to bed & the adults watched SPEAK. It is a movie with our beloved Kristen Stewart as the lead character & it is one of those dramatic - speaks - to - your - heart - and - mind movies. I was pleasantly surprised by the level of acting Kristen did at 14 years old. It was very good to say the least.

Sunday we cooked another yummy meal & then I headed home. It seems like I was there so much longer than just the 2.5 days. We did so much in a little time & every moment was a joy so the time was very well spent. I look forward to this Thursday when I see them all again for the Fourth!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have so much fun no matter what you are doing... that's one of my favorite things about you...it's always a party. That's why I'm so excited for you to come up this October (like my shamless plug!!!)
    I'm glad you had a great time with Stacie, Nina and the gorgeous kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to your blog for sooo long. You are totally living it up! Obviously, we didn't do a party for Aubrey's B-day...there's a story behind that. But, Olivia's is just around the corner! We really need to do lunch when both of us are in town at the same time. We're leaving next week for Utah, so I'll email you when we get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are as busy as me!! Hey, Entertainment magazine has the Twilight movie trailer pic on it's front cover and a big ol' write-up on it. If you haven't already seen it, I know you will want to get it!

    ReplyDelete

The Princess is in...so what's up?