Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

What a week!!!

OME!! This past week was a whirlwind of crazy work stuff, crazy personal stuff, and just all out crazy!

Well my sister & I officially have tickets to the New York signing of Breaking Dawn. I got one ticket during the AMEX presale on Thursday- only one. They allotted 150 tickets for the presale & said they were gone in the first 15 minutes of being released online. How I got one I don't know. But that meant that on Saturday morning from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. I had to be ready for the general release of the tickets so that I could score another one.
I called Ticketmaster at 10 til 11 and the guy said "oh you still have 10 minutes before they go on sale" (you cannot sit on hold - normally it takes 10 minutes to get an operator so when he answered after 3 I was a little caught off guard) While talking to him I of course had the internet up on the site to purchase & was steadily hitting refresh. Well as soon as I hung up with him the page opened after refreshing & boom I could buy. 10 Minutes my behind!!! I quickly selected 1 and watched as the little blue bar on the screen processed my request to see if it would give me a ticket - it did! I was ecstatic. Just like that with still 4 minutes until 11 a.m. on my clock I had the ticket.
They said that 2000 tickets sold out in 45 minutes. 2000 tickets - gone. I understand that LA, Seattle, & Chicago went to the same (although LA released some more later, as did Seattle, but they were moving quickly as well.) I saw that Chicago was a mess - they released tickets through their own site (the theater that was hosting the signing) and it could not hold the onslaught of web viewers & crashed. Therefore you had to call by phone. People posted that it was horrible! Poor Chicago. :(
Also this week, Eric, Mindy, Marcus & I went to see Montgomery Gentry & Toby Keith at the ampitheater! Great concert. Toby Keith is a riot! Absolutely hilarious. Below are some pics of the event.
We then went to Camden. Mom hosted a Pampered Chef party at her house. It went very well. We had some good snacks & some of the best punch you have ever drank! So yummy! I think she did well. Then Eric, Mindy & the kids came over. We of course stayed in the pool 75% of the time. I actually fried the very tops of my shoulders!!! Truly painful right now. Anyway, for a stressful, crazy week, I am all the better for it. Patience is never one of my strong suits & I have had to have it in droves lately. :)
Oh yeah - my sister is going out for certification to be a jazzercise instructor this week. Please pray for her. She truly enjoys this (I know working a sweat like 10 times a week, fun?!! yeah - she crazy :) )It is something she has worked so hard on & I am so proud of all that she has already accomplished. The certification would just be the icing on an already wonderful cake. I love to see Nina (pardon the pun) jazzed up about something and this has been her focus for quite some time now. It has not only given her a great 'mom day out' type of program but also a confidence and self awareness that is slightly enviable. (not so much that I am going to begin to work out like 2 hours a day to find it but enough that I really see something worthwhile in what she is doing). keep her in your thoughts this week & cheer her own in your way.






1 comment:

The Princess is in...so what's up?