Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Mounds of fun...

Well this past Friday I was off from work. They are replacing the carpet in the whole office & the second level (my area) was the first to be replaced. So thank you carpet people you gave me a day off without touching my vacation days!!

So what to do on a day off??? hmmmm??? what to do? Oh! I know, lets go on a field trip with 3000 5th graders!!!! lol. Actually it was 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders. My nephews happened to have a field trip to the Moundville Archaeological park on Friday. They asked if I could go with them. Well, of course. It has been a few years since I have attended the Native American Festival held there, plus I get to be the adult on a field trip! How different this would be. Boy was it, where when you are a kid, you stay with the group at all times, don't touch, blah blah blah, being the adult I got to wander to parts that interested me most & was allowed to touch some things. While the inquisitive kid in me loved seeing the Living History & stage re-enactments. It really was a good day, plus I got to see 2 of my favorite children: Coy & Colton. They are growing up SO fast it is crazy... I remember our class trip to Moundville 4th Grade, even minute details of what people wore & things we did. Those were the days...

Mom came up with the boys & spent the night. After the field trip me & her wandered around town, had dinner with Marcus & just had a great day. Dad came up on Saturday & we all (with Rob too) watch the game & cooked out. It was a really nice day. (I will post pics of our group from the field trip)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Princess is in...so what's up?