Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Monday, February 16, 2009

OME! Madeleines, Sourdough bread, a great friend, and Peter Facinelli...

So Saturday for Valentine's, Marcus & I went to see a movie & had a nice lunch. BTW you should always choose Valentine's LUNCH. Still busy, but not as bad as trying to go to dinner somewhere! We hit a few stores for some simple things then after that we basically just were lazy. We watched a little television but mostly we talked. You know those long discussions about everything in your life....if you don't know, well I won't say you are or aren't missing out. It depends on the depth & the emotions that are riding the discussion. This one was pretty in depth so we hashed out a few ideas, theories, dreams and mistakes. The night ended well. It has been quite a while since we have had one of those talks and there were a good many new changes & expectations in our lives that we needed to share.
During all this I was up and down in the kitchen making Madeleines. Madeleines are these wonderful little temperamental French cookies. They are delicate and OH SO YUMMY! My favorite thing about Madeleines is that they don't really store well - you can put them in an airtight container overnight but that is basically it. One night or day. SOOOOO that means you get to eat them all!!! MUAHHAHAHAHAAHA :0) Well thankfully they are tiny little cookies and the recipe only makes like 40 total. I mean tiny cookies. You can dust them with powdered sugar or dip them in chocolate! So good. Marcus & Peanut both were in heaven.
Sunday we slipped down to Camden to see our parents. We had not been there in a while & I wanted to see for myself how mom was after surgery. She looks like she got walloped on both sides by a vicious bat! But I am told that it is SO much better than it was four days prior. We had not told Marcus' mom that we were coming to Camden - we wanted to surprise her. Boy did we! I dropped Marcus off at 10:45 a.m. at her church. They said she almost fainted when he came up behind her then gave her a hug! She was floored & so glad we surprised her.
I spent the afternoon just chilling out at mom & dads. Due to when we come home mom usually cooks or does something special, well since she cannot really chew she figured major cooking was just silly. She did however surprise us with a loaf of the softest, sweetest, mouth watering SOURDOUGH BREAD loaf! She baked 3 and gave me & Eric each a loaf... OMEOMEOMEOMEOME! It was heavenly. We took it home & had chicken salad on that bread... I could have slapped somebody it was so good!
Monday night I got a wonderful gift in the form of visiting with my best friend Stacie. She was spending a week in Camden & took her brother David to the airport in Bham. Well BHAM is too close to not have dinner & shop a little!!! So we met up and enjoyed some Mexican and a little shopping. It was so much fun. We talked and talked. I never tire of being able to visit with my friends and Stacie is no exception. I am reminded each time how lucky I am to have her as a 'sister'. On the drive home last night I thought about 28 years. I have known her sincerely for 28 years. She has been a constant in my life, someone who knows my secrets and still loves me! lol. I am so glad we get to have these sporadic visits & it is about time that I pop up to NC to visit her....
Also, I stumbled upon this clip of Jennie Garth & Peter Facinelli on Chelsea Lately - I think they are like my new FAVORITE celebrity couple so cute! Have a watch!
just click on this link: http://www.eonline.com/videos/v38856_Chelsea_Lately_Garth_and_Facinelli.html
Anyway, I know this post was more of a rambling update, but right now my life is rambling! So bear with me for a little while.

2 comments:

  1. Yea for great times and good food. I 'm glad you and Marcus relaxed, you two don't get enough of that. Seeing Stacie is always good for you! I'm glad you mom is feeling better (and looking better!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE sourdough bread! My Grandpa used to make the worlds best sourdough pancakes. Seriously, they melt in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete

The Princess is in...so what's up?