Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Whirlwind weekends...

So we slipped away last weekend to see Robert & Ramona.

It was a lot of fun. A whirlwind, but a lot of fun. We needed the escape. Though we travel a great deal of the time we find that the trips aren't always 'relaxing'. This one was actually quite relaxing. We spent the day in Galveston at the beach on Saturday then that night we relaxed under the stars in a hot tub. It was quite nice.



We ate some Shrimp Kisses at Fish Tales on the beach - YUMMY!! Butterflied shrimp with a pepper cheese on top then wrapped in bacon.... oh yeah. :o)

By the way Robert & Ramona have pets... not a dog or cat.... birds. They have birds. Okay I love to see birds eating the food in my backyard that I put out. Nothing is cuter than a parrot on a tropical island... but these are birds that randomly land on your: shoulder, leg, arm, chair, table..or head. Yes I was the victim of Sugar's love for blonde hair.



Then Tazoo bit Marcus while I took a shower. No worries though Sugar decided she liked both of us. Tazoo stayed in the cage for most of the visit. It was very different. I have to say though Robert & Ramona are very taken with them & it is obvious the birds are quite fond of them as well. It is a cool set of pets, just different for us dog owners. :o)

Sunday we found time to do some shopping and I found an adorable dress and purse. LOVE THEM!!! Then we caught a plane & found ourselves back in T-town. What a crazy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Princess is in...so what's up?