Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Frustrated Reading

Murder 101 by Maggie Barbieri-Okay this book was one of those that I was not exactly sure what to expect, but an author's review of "If you love Agatha Christie, Sue Grafton and Sara Peretsky, you'll be delighted by Murder 101..." well that sold me. I really like the story line, but the choppy flow really was uncomfortable reading. The main character, Alison, is suspected in a murder due to the dead body that was found in the trunk of her car (obviously causing suspicion). A hunky detective helps her along the mystery of who committed the murder, and there are a few really good climactic scenes, but the love interest between the two seems under developed & about the time you get really interested in their connection, she hits you with a black screen. I recommend reading it for the murder mystery, I really liked the process of the investigation, but I was not impressed with the side of romance, really could have been left out if it was going to develop as it did. Anyway, that is my read for 6-15-07.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Princess is in...so what's up?