Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Monday, March 12, 2007

A blog entry for the first time...

Well, this is a first for me. I have been doing the myspace, facebook thing for about 3 months now and I guess a blog site was the next logical-digital-world step. One of my best friends has a blog site "Lemons & Lemonade". I love her anecdotes and updates and well, I really like the idea of being able to just let thoughts flow onto papers (computer screens) and share it with anyone who listens & loves me for me.
Please be forewarned that I am sincerely random on most occasions, we don't have children so the family discussion revolves around immediate family & our two dogs: Bear (the rottweiler) & Bubbles (the cairn terrier - think TOTO with blonde hair).
We reside in a 3 bedroom 2 bath home in Cottondale, Alabama (right outside of Tuscaloosa). (Please see photos)
Marcus is the Manager of the Northport Tuscaloosa VA Credit Union. He just recently got the promotion and we are very excited!! I currently work at Peco Foods, Inc. in downtown Tuscaloosa as the Marketing Manager. It can be very stressful, but also a great deal of fun because I get to be creative.
You may have noticed the Southern Princess on the site. Well that is me. I happen to be the Southern Princess of our beautiful kingdom, though we still don't have grass here. (New house, construction area for the first two years, so grass is a goal!) I was raised by parents who taught me that I could be anything I want to be, go anywhere, and have faith in my abilities.
Well an active imagination has never left me, most kids outgrow that world in their heads, not me. I know I am a princess and thankfully due to patience and love, my family knows it too :) They put up with my fairly spoiled demands at times, but I try very hard to be a loving & understanding ruler. Ask my husband, the Stable Boy Marcus. :) He puts up with me quite well. I know you are thinking a Princess & a Stable Boy, never happen. But really he is a Prince, who merely acted the part of Stable Boy until he made claim to the kingdom that was rightfully his. I warned you: Active Imagination still going strong.
So please , I hope you can put up with the random thoughts, ideas, discussions, updates, and lifestyles of a Southern Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Princess is in...so what's up?