Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Tracy

Well today is Sunday, July 12. This is a special day for many reasons, one Sundays are always good days, two it is July - SUMMERTIME, and three most importantly it is Tracy's birthday.

About 9 years ago I happened to be at Marcus & Rob's apartment when a young woman (whom I had only met briefly once before at a Bama ballgame) wondered if she could use their washing machine. She had subleased the apartment across from them - a bug infested, scary people surrounded apartment. Of course since their apartment was where I did laundry, another Tracy (Tracy Carpenter), and Regina did laundry - who were they to say no to yet another gorgeous girl who wanted to spend time at their place!?

The guys would come home from class or work and find girls on the couch, in the kitchen, nail polish on the tables, fashion magazines scattered everywhere, supper or snacks almost ready and loads of laughter. They were college guys - they didn't mind. :o) But what we all had no idea of is that there were bonds being formed that would withstand the college years, that would flow over into marriages and vacations. In particular one friendship that I now consider to be more of a family relationship than just friends. I have said before that I have more than just Nina as a sister. Stacie has been there from the get go and we are lucky to realize that our sisterly connection continues to grow even stronger.

Then there is Tracy. (Mclees-Pulley) I was surprised when this Seattle girl slipped into my heart but not at all upset. Her quick wit, vivacious smile, strong faith and love of life are hard to resist. During those college years new apartments & houses were found, love was discovered & lost, time & distance created challenges - yet this was the girl I looked to when I needed someone to listen or cook sausage balls with, this was the girl I immediately knew I wanted standing beside Marcus & I when we said our vows; this girl is special. She is the friend I never knew I needed & the sister I thank God for sending me.

Tracy - I am so glad to be able to send these Birthday wishes into the universe. There is no one who deserves every wish when blowing out the candles more than you. Your beautiful daughter already shows signs of harnessing some of your wonderful traits & that crazy hubby of yours I know recognizes his great catch! Thank you for being there whenever I have needed you - for loving Marcus & I no matter what and for being the Seattle girl whose heart is all South.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - WE LOVE YOU - TRACY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. She was a surprise friend for me, too. On the surface, we are so different. You really couldn't ask for a better friend, could you? When I think of Tracy, I always think of the words "true blue". Thanks for that great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! You are wonderful, I am so grateful that I have you and your silly husband in my families life. You are the one that taught me to cook, created a love of foods and has made me a mini celebrity for the sausage balls I cook here! So many wonderful memories from those few years, but I miss that summer living across from Marcus, Rob (and you!).
    Love you! And thanks Cheyenne for your sweet comments too!

    ReplyDelete

The Princess is in...so what's up?