Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Whew! Catching Up...(check pictures below)

It has been WAY too long since my last post! There has been so much craziness since my birthday week. I went to Knoxville on business, ran into some snow flurries on the drive back, then 3 days later saw some real snow in Atlanta! Crazy!
Eric, Mindy, Marcus & I saw George Strait, Sara Johns, Little Big Town & a surprise visit from Kenny Chesney up in Birmingham on the 17th. It was so awesome! The music was very impressive, Little Big Town harmonizes like no other group! Sara Johns really surprised a great deal of people in the arena, she is absolutely beautiful & has a great country voice. George, oh George... the man has 55 #1 hits, he could have played all night without running out of songs... he is still such a cute man. There happened to be an audience member that popped in on Amarillo by Morning ---- Kenny Chesney! Great show.
Friday the 18th Mom & I headed up to Atlanta to see Nina & family. It was so much fun. Friday night we got in, had a wonderful meal & just messed around. Talking, laughing, playing the piano... lets just say it has been a long time since I sat at a piano and actually played real music. Anyway, Saturday was the big day. We had a tea time of 2:30 p.m. @ Tea Leaves & Thyme. This place is adorable! I have read about it in Southern Living, Southern Lady, Tea Time, all these great magazines speak so highly of the establishment. They are right. A traditional tea, full with tea sandwiches, scones, lemon curd, tarts, oh goodness the food is so awesome! We put on big hats, gloves, lifted a few pinkies, wrapped mink on our shoulders & enjoyed a girly day. Then of course what do a group of girls do after tea? Shop! We explored Woodstock & found the town to be delightful!
Sunday was the day of relaxation & fun. Nina & I surprised mom with a movie: 27 Dresses. (I had seen it when it came to Tuscaloosa as a sneak peek & loved it!) The three of us then headed to a couple stores & back to the house.
After a rousing game of Disney Scene It edition 2 with the kids (ME & ANNA WON!! WOOHOO!!), we watched some football & headed to bed (my sister & I watched the oddest Cheerleader movie: Bring it On 3 - In it to Win it!). Monday morning came early & mom & I were out the door, heading back to Bama! Poor Marcus had been at the house snowed/cold in for the weekend, so needless to say I was very missed.... What a whirlwind few weeks...
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK ALL THE PICTURES BELOW IN MY SLIDESHOWS!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you saw Gorgeous George in concert! The night that Aubrey proposed to me, he played a mixed tape of George Strait songs and we danced to them by the dam under a starry sky with a big moon. If you know how much Aubrey likes country and dancing, then you know what a big deal this was. It was soooo romantic! And, yes, Little Big Town's harmonies are amazing. I love their song Boondocks. And, though I don't drink tea, Tea Leaves & Thyme sounds like such a pleasant place. Great week! I am so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

The Princess is in...so what's up?