Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hot steamy nights...


Whew! This past weekend Eric, Mindy, Marcus & I went to Orange Beach to see Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Jack Ingram, & Taylor Swift in concert at the Wharf. We left out of north Alabama late Friday evening and got down there even later that night :)

Saturday was a hot morning spent with me & Mindy in the pool after lunch up until concert time. Lunch was great at this place on the Gulf called Tacky Jacks. Good seafood, hot weather. The heat was not too bad during the day, definitely cooler than what we had left in Ttown considering the breezes, but as day turned into evening, the temperature rose!!


The Wharf was sold out, 10,000 plus filed into an ampitheater, a rain or shine event that we would have honestly welcomed rain at!!! Taylor started the show & we all were already sweating through our clothes by 8:30 p.m. next up was Jack Ingram, both were great live, Taylor was everything I expected her to be. Good strong voices. Kellie Pickler followed suit and to be utterly honest she blew us away. I had seen her on IDOL of course, but in her element of country music she relaxes, finds her groove & just goes. She is a concert artist. I had really only liked her one song Wonder when heard or seen on Radio/TV. But live every song was good. She is a HUGE Dolly Parton fan & I got to tell you she did a cover of 9 to 5 and the whole arena went wild. I may have misjudged her originally. Brad Paisley puts on a good show. Lights, everything, but the core music is never overshadowed. He plays alone with just his guitar some, they never slow down, they hit you with song after song. We got our money's worth for sure. By the end of the evening all 4 of us were soaked. LITERALLY!! I have never been that wet from my own body! YUCK!



Sunday we woke up & headed back to Camden around 11 a.m. stopping only for lunch at mom & dad's. I had to get back & pack for a work trip to Pittsburgh the next morning, I had to be ready to go to the airport by 5 a.m.


Pittsburgh was gorgeous, work went well, the weather though was wonderful. 80's in the daytime with a breeze, upper 50's low 60's in the evening with a breeze! Downright real fall welcoming weather. Definitely got me in the football mood. Though down here it was around 105. :) This weekend we look to just relax get some weedeating, yard work done, the house has GOT TO BE CLEANED!!! Next weekend we head back to a beach (Destin)! I better have a truly delicious tan after this summer!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Princess is in...so what's up?