Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Here... and Now...

it is a good thing you aren't here right now...

you would see my messy hair from rushing this morning...
the note smeared on my left hand as a reminder to bring a book to a coworker (forgotten again by the way)...
my nails for some reason are still hosting a bright blue polish beneath the nude professional overlay...
my barely charged cellphone Barry the Blackberry (who is quite whiny of late)...
non-mascara-d eyes that scream for eye make-up love...
leggings that really are not the same black as the lovely tunic on top (darn fading cotton)...
but most of all you would see the expression of utter craziness on my face...

You see right here and now I am sinking/diving/careening/wrecking/jumping/crashing into 'StoryLand'. I did not realize that the Hook bringing me back would also come with its on crashing ball as well. Did I order the insane dreams with crazy characters as well? I really need to check my dream card statements!

I actually dreamed one of my MCs was holding the word "DIVULGE" and chasing me down the freeway...not sure I want to even try to decipher that one.

But I did notice one thing during my "Great Word Escape" last night. The MC was screaming while she ran:

Not my name.
Not HELP!
Not "I'm gonna get you my pretty!"
But the single word: NOW.

She screamed it over and over again. I actually woke up with the word on my lips. Okay that is weird. All day I have ran Divulge and Now through my head. What do I divulge? What is the urgency? Why don't I understand?

Have you ever done this? Woke up from a dream and KNOW there is a message, there on the tip of your consciousness it waits for you...

If you were here you would see me ponder a dream that beckons me to act on something...and you would laugh as I walk to the freezer grab an orange TwinPop popsicle, pull back the wrapper and with utter sincerity scream:

NOW... WHAT?

Have a Nonsensical & Terrifical Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Princess is in...so what's up?