Courtney S. Barr

Welcome to My Kingdom!
Join me, the Princess, on my Royal Adventures in the Land of Writing!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Day... Pensacola Beach 2009

Oh we had a wonderful Memorial Day at Pensacola Beach. The first day was a bit sketchy high winds (like 20 mph gusts) and rain threatened to create a very enclosed weekend but by mid day the winds were becoming slower & the sun was glowing through the clouds. The waves though... wow! I am not sure I have ever seen the Gulf with such high crests! It was beautiful!

We sat on the beach and sunned a little then on Sunday everything was as it should be - GORGEOUS beach weather. Oh it was wonderful. Regan & Riley loved the easy access pool & hot tub.
The waves were calmer than the day before but also still very high. It was a yellow flag day so everyone hit the water carefully. It was clear - no jellyfish or seaweed - and cool. John (Mike & Rhonda's little boy) was buried in the sand. I don't mean like sitting down or lying down I mean standing up buried to his chest. It was hilarious. Eian dug the hole & dropped him in it. Then they just filled it in! Crazy.

Marcus & I were staying with Robert & Ramona at a beautiful home on the beach called the Tiki House. It was HUGE; fully equiped kitchen, gigantic living room, game room (big screen with a bunch of game systems) then a traditional game room (air hockey, pool, ping pong & foosball), private pool, hot tub, and fenced in back yard. It was awesome. There was 21 of us staying in the house. Ramona's family had come down from Utah, Kansas & Tennessee.
We had some wonderful cooks in the house & the meals were great. Marcus & I of course made time to head to Peg Leg Pete's... twice. :o) Rob, Regina & the girls stayed as well & we had some great times swimming, playing cards, ping pong, just relaxing. It really was a great time. I did somehow manage to NOT blister my face, shoulders & chest, but somehow DID blister my legs... very bizarre. It usually is a trial to get a good tan on my legs but for some reason Sunday's beach time gave me the red of a lobster. lol Today though it is a deep dark brown so I am happy - even though it was painful to get to this point.
We so wanted to stay and play in the sand for longer but our Nutter was in Camden & we missed him. So we headed to mom & dad's to get our baby & get home. Marcus developed a summer cold after the trip & we are still fighting through it - he also has given me the sniffles... darn him.

Oh & by the way.... TWILIGHT won 5 of their 6 nominated awards at the MTV movie awards on Sunday. But the MOST important part was the sneak peek of NEW MOON! If you are interested, scroll down a good ways and you will see the video player. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Princess is in...so what's up?